Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Punishment time

In other more positive news I'm off to a good start for my 2 week thrashing and diet leading to the Pleasant Valley road race. Yesterday I did a core class at the gym which apparently wrked me much harder then I realized based on my current state of soreness.

Today for lunch I rode at Haines Point in cognito with Chris and finding ourselves off the front of the pack at the end of the first lap, we picked up the pace and held off the chase for a lap before being gobbled up by a speeding pain train lead by a DC Velo rider on his tt bike. I was quickly shat out the back but feel like I got a pretty solid bit of riding in anyway. Chris on the other hand was pulling like an animal and managed to stay with the first group to come up on us for a while after we were caught. Not an easy task at the pace they were moving.

The diet has also been good and the plan is to be down to the mid 150's by next weekend. Yesterday after sweating through the core class I was 161 which is significantly lower then I expected even with the water loss. The small salad and peanut butter sandwiches the past two days will certainly help me in this goal.

No comments: