Monday, February 12, 2007

Peaceful Riding

On Sunday instead of joining the day’s Racing Union ride from Georgetown, I decided to instead get a couple of friends out for an easy ride through DC and give my legs a bit of a break. After my long run on Saturday a long hard ride was not really on my to-do list. Our ride ended up being just Swan and I since Mandie ended up being sick and on the DL after a Friday night birthday bash and Saturday Frisbee game so we met up in Adams Morgan and headed slowly southward.

We took our time riding through the streets not really heading anywhere in particular just riding and enjoying the cold crisp air. Traffic was light and there was little going on around us so things were extremely peaceful. I rode around the Washington Monument a few times while Swan stopped and took some pictures and then decided to head down to Eastern Market so I could finally witness the weekend experience. We got there and locked up our bikes and walked around for a bit before stopping for some coffee at a small store on the corner before rolling slowly back home.

Overall it was a great way to start a Saturday morning; probably something I could go for on a regular basis, especially when it starts getting nicer out. Maybe I should make it a goal to check out as many of the coffee shops in DC on a Sunday or Saturday morning as possible. I’ll have to work on that.

No comments: