Friday, August 22, 2008

1st Annual Greenbelt Sprint Tri

Around the time this year when I first started training for a triathlon with my brother in law I decided that Greenbelt would be an ideal location for a sprint triathlon. The swim would have to be in a pool (which some may consider a benefit), but aside from that the location would be perfect. I started bouncing the idea around of organizing a tri there with some friends and they all seemed interested. So, while I won't be holding any kind of official event, I'm excited to announce the 1st (unofficial) annual greenbelt sprint (training/fun) triathlon!

While the date is not official yet, I'm looking at a date of October 25th and a "cost" ranging from $5 to $25 to $30 depending on the number of people who can make it. If enough people can/want to do it I'll set up to get shirts made for it so it'd be a bit more, though otherwise it'd just be the $5 to cover the pool usage fee.

If you'd be interested feel free to drop me a line and let me know. It really is a just for fun kind of event so there is no pressure to do well or even have any kind of triathlon background. If you've just ever wondered if you could do one or if you'd even enjoy it this is the event for you...

Swim -
500 Meters at the Greenbelt Aquatic Center

Prospective Bike Route (TBD)
Out Research Rd through the Beltsville Ag Center

Prospective Run Route
2 Laps around Greenbelt Lake (Buddy Attick Lake Park)

Prospective Bike Route (TBD)
Out Research Rd through the Beltsville Ag Center

1 comment:

Burnt Couch said...

send me some info when you know more. Not the best day in the world, but hopefully I can put it all together.