Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blogroll Update: Part II

While this seems a bit sudden, I seem to have accumulated quickly a few new blogs to the blogroll that I feel eager to share.

The first is a sensational blog which I’m sad I had not picked up sooner. I’d seen multiple links on multiple blogrolls but had never stopped in to read it for myself until about a month ago. I began reading just as Fatty and his wife found out that her Breast Cancer had metastized meaning it moved into her bones, spine, lungs and lymph nodes. This lead too a few short and sobering posts, a huge out pouring of support from loyal readers and a few guest posts while things were dealt with. Now I’ve been sucked in entirely as Fatty deals with everything he and his wife are going through with a combination of support, humor and riding and as his incredible sounding wife urges him ever onward in his own quests. This blog is both awe inspiring and greatly entertaining and if you have never visited before, I highly recommend checking it out.

Fatty also has some sweet jerseys for sale at the moment, though I'm holding out for the pink variety he'll be offering as a fundraiser with proceeds going to help fight breast cancer.

Randy at circular life is another aspiring triathlete whose blog I’ve been reading and who has reached out to offer motivation and encouragement to me on my own path to the tri. Randy’s posts are short and too the point, but it’s definitely been good for me to be able to read about someone else going through similar training and things as I’ve gone along the way. Keep tabs on Randy and his progress and show him some support at his blog.

Beakerz at A Feel Good Production has lately been mia, though when around he has a very entertaining blog. I believe he is also in training for his first triathlon though he doesn’t write about that too much. Beakerz is a teacher and appears to have a good outlook on life as far as I can tell. He at least has a good sense of humor.

This next blog, No Impact Man gets away from the sports/cycling area and focuses on a zero impact lifestyle experiment. You may have seen or heard of this guy before as there have been many stories on the news about him. Basically Colin will be blogging over the next year as he completes an experiment in a no-impact life style meaning he and his family will produce “no trash, no carbon emissions, no toxins in the water, no elevators, no subway, no products in packaging, no plastics, no air conditioning, no TV, no toilets…” So far I’ve been reading this for a month or two and what he has to say has been extremely interesting. It’s also somewhat of a wake up call in that it will bring out things that I wouldn’t even think of as impacting the environment. Of course this is extreme, but using homemade detergent Colin and his family are stomp washing their clothing in their bath tub, and that’s just the beginning. Follow their progress and get a glimpse at what it would be like to live the zero-impact lifestyle.

Rob is an ultra-athlete and writes about it in his blog, UltraRob’s Adventures. I find it fascinating and absolutely inspiring to read Rob’s posts and get a glimpse into what it would be like to fully engulf yourself in the ultra endurance lifestyle. Everytime I read about this stuff it makes me want to get out and try it; reality returns soon afterwards, but for those really fleeting moments I really believe I could do it. If you feel this way too, just read Rob’s blog and live vicariously through him a bit.

Alright, that’s all for now; hope you enjoy the new links!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I've been MIA definitely but soon I'll be slowing down with the work thang and be able to get back to the fun!

Meanwhile, I completed one Tri in 2004 but was injured by an accident and kept me out of the game for the next 2 years. Now I'm very busy training. Actually just got back from a long swim. I'll blog about it in a few minutes =)

Good to see your blog again. I'll try to keep up