Monday, May 21, 2007

Hot Calves

I spent this weekend camping at Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware just North of Rehoboth Beach with a very large group of friends. We got in late Friday night and spent some time in front of the fire just talking before crawling into our warm sleeping bags to sleep away the chilly night. Saturday morning had some coffee and food before making our way to the beach to spend the day. After walking a ways down the beach alone I decided I should just get my run in then and ended up running down to the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk and back barefoot in the sand. The run was great and I felt good after I finished both for actually getting out and doing it and physically my body was feeling pretty good.

The next morning and even more so this morning my calves are screaming at me, but I’m still very happy I got for that run. I only wish I could get that kind of a calf muscle workout more often around here.

On another note, I’ve gone through with the biker leg shaving and surprisingly I’m actually pretty happy with them. Aside from a bit of razor burn on my thighs they have turned out to be very comfortable and for now I will continue with it. One of these days somewhat soon I may even shave off the essentially 10 year old beard. Oh the horror!
Senior Year School Play, That's me in the blue polo. I was Shoeless Joe Hardy in Damn Yankees and apparently Shoeless also Means Beardless. I was not pleased.

No comments: