Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Excuse - Season Plans

Looks like I'll be passing on the second week of Greenbelt as well now. I've got my season pass but the cramping calf muscle from Sunday's race turned into a very tight and sore calf muscle so far this week. I didn't realize it Sunday late afternoon when I went climbing, only Monday morning when I woke up and could hardly move my leg.

Last night I went out to the pool and put in some easy laps with light kicking. Took a while messaging my calf both in the pool and then afterwards in the hot tub. The jets felt alternately good and awful, kind of my thoughts of what a deep tissue message would feel like. Today, it's sore, hopefully just the post massage sore, but I don't want to push my luck. Not interested in reliving the torn hamstring experience from my high school football days.

The rest of the season I think I'll try and focus on the triathlon. Not sure I'll plan to sign up for any road races anytime soon. I'm not interested in signing up as early as necessary since I have no idea where I'll be. I don't like planning that far in advance all the time...

No comments: