Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lazy weekend, restless body.

After a nice lazy weekend of no racing for the first time in about 4 weeks I've found myself itching for some work. Monday I went for a nice solid 4.5 mile run that turned into a 6 miler after deciding last minute to jump across the arlington memorial bridge. Nice run with a decent pace most of the way.

Today after a brutally cold and wet short commute in wearing just shorts and a jersey (bad choice) my hopes for a lunch workout were thrwarted by a bit of an unnecessary meeting. So instead after work I got out for a spin at haines on the fixed gear. I really need to start doing that more often and start upping the bike milage. While I'm not sure I really want to do more large group rides at haines right now, I could definitely use some solid solo efforts with some lactate threshold rides thrown in for good measure. Today at hains I did some 5 minute hard intervals into the wind though pushing in a big gear is probably not what I need to be doing right now. I also worked in some 30 second sprint efforts into the wind also that were decent. They would have been better of course with some gears but for now I take what I can get.

Tomorrow unfortunately I won't be able to get out to Greenbelt so it was ok to drill the legs a little bit today. Maybe instead I'll try and get out for a long fixed gear spin out one of the commuter trails and back before I need to be somewhere around 7. Today spinning around on my bike was all I could possibly want.

No comments: