Monday, July 24, 2006

Wow, it's hot out there. I went for a run over lunch and am still sweating almost an hour after getting back. Good long run though.

Well this weekend was pretty fun, had an interesting time at Ella's and then the Opening night partyfor the DC Fringe festival on Thursday so I was planning on taking the night easy on Friday... Ummm... Well let's see, some of Pat's friends came over around like 6 so the nap I had planned after I got home from work around 5 was no longer an option. Instead Pat and I went and grabbed Subway across the street (I like how that works these days). So, of course we took our sandwhiches home and cracked our first beers and drank and ate before everyone got there. Pat's friends then showed and we proceeded to finish off the majority of the beer we had there along with an assortment of random other drinks including drinking an entire bottle of home made brandy given to me by a friend a year ago. It was exceptionally good but I am under the impression that it was also pretty strong.

Afterwards we headed to the Reef but didn't end up going in for some reason and we might have gone somewhere else after but I can't quite remember if I went with them or just took off to meet Thoreau and his friend from out of town at Tom Tom's. Had some beers there and saw an underage friend from high school there and so I of course bought her a jaeger bomb (what better way to say welcome to bar life???) and then went on my way. Hit up Bedrock billiards for a leak before deciding I was too drunk to stay out and went home to crash.

Saturday was a great game (although very hot) of disc before heading to Subway for the third day in a row and then home to relax/recover for the afternoon before another long night of drinking.

Dom's bday party/BBQ was great with amazing food and even exciting down pours here and there with our own personal mini tornado thrown in for fun. Hit up some Adams Morgan bars for a bit afterwards then got some much needed sleep.

Sunday went to see Pretty Theft of the Capital Fringe Festival with a group of people. Quite disturbing but very well done. Afterwards grabbed drinks with some of the cast, went to the National Portrait Gallery to check out the terrace cafe, and then fudruckers for dinner. Afterwards had a long walk and talk with a new friend and finally got home around 10:30. All in all a great day, though definitely tired on Monday.

Monday... work, run in the intense heat, work, dinner at the Reef with Pat on the roof (it was incredible out then) and then Bones, Hookah and catch-up with Craig. Sleepless night however afterwards which I blame entirely on ny "Rip-It Lime Wrecker" pounder that I drank so I could make it through the afternoon yesterday.

No comments: