Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fulfillment!

I’ve been meaning to get around to this post since Monday but things have been a little hectic this week both at work and away. First of course Tuesday’s election… OH HELLS YEAH! That’s what I’m talking about; oh and Bush’s reaction is quite perfect, he’s just so crushed. I was personally somewhat surprised that Democrats didn’t make an even bigger and cleaner sweep but I guess I just don’t understand the mind set of the other side of the argument. Thank you to every person who took the time out of their busy lives to be included in governing this country and showing the world what it is that really makes America great; and helping me feel a little bit better about the American attitude towards our own politics and policies. Hopefully the changes made will at least begin to bring about the changes of direction this country so desperately needs.

That said I was not planning on voting on Tuesday; even as I got to work Tuesday morning I had no intentions of dragging myself to a polling booth. I’m sorry for that; I guarantee I will never try that again. After getting in to work I decided I couldn’t let myself get away with this so after confirming that my mother (yes I know… “mommy can you come pick me up?”) could not come get me at a metro station I rented a Flexcar for the afternoon/evening and drove up to Columbia, Md to enter my vote. I then spent the rest of the morning researching the local candidates I would be choosing between since I already knew my major choices.

I’ve got to say, after only voting one time before in my life in 2004 for the loosing candidate it felt good to really have a vote that counted as I watched CNN predict Cardin as the winner for the Senate. This was quite a fulfilling election.

No comments: