Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Turkey Weekend

Monday morning of course as everyone always says came way too fast. I had a good time at home with family in MD for Thanksgiving and then on Saturday night for the USC vs. Notre Dame game (Go Trojans!) with a night of dive bar diving(?) mixed in on Friday night with some friends. I did not manage to bike home on Thursday after my race like I had planned, mostly because of the rain but I also wasn’t sure I had figured out the safest route for riding (along Rt. 108 west of Columbia, MD?). I did manage to run the Turkey Trot in Alexandria even though I almost backed out due to the rain as well and took a nice long and very slow run on Saturday afternoon in the amazing weather up around the Columbia Mall. Surprisingly I only saw one other runner out during my 1 ½ hour run on such a great day. Would have figured more people would be out burning off the pounds of food they stuffed their faces with over the holiday. I guess that is why the average American gains whatever it is 8 or 16 lbs during the holiday season.

Only notable thing so far this week is that a friend of mine here at work named Erik found this posting on Craigslist under the women seeking men section and sent it along and told me I had to respond. He said something about living vicariously through me. Anyway, if you look at those you probably noticed this one. A 23 year old athletic girl who recently moved from the west coast and I’m sure has already received over 1000 replies to her ad. I’ll keep you posted though I doubt I’ll hear anything. I’ve never responded to one of those things so I’m not really sure if I did well with my response or not. My email subject was “I hope you’re not a UCLA fan” and I sent a picture of me at the Rose bowl with my SC jersey on…

Sweet…

No comments: