Thursday, March 05, 2009

GamJams Reviews: The Race Wheels I Have - Stock

Race wheels? How about wheels in general?

I haven't gotten past the point of being satiated with the bikes I have enough to justify buying new wheels for them. My wheels are stock/what came with the used bike I bought...

That means Shimano Ultegra wheels and hubs on the CAAD9 and and the generic hubs laced to WTB Laser Disc's on the Jamis 29'er. My cross bike has a set of Mavic CXP's which I really like for that application (ok those I bought specifically while building the bike). Finally the Scalpel runs the specialty lefty hub up front with a Hugi DT Swiss on the rear, both laced to Mavic XC rims. Probably my nicest wheel set though like I said; they came with the bike.

I have a hard time with something as major as new wheel purchases since there seems like there is so much else I could do with that much money. Someday I'll get there, I'm just not quite there yet.

No comments: