Friday, January 04, 2008

Frigid riding

I have never been happier with myself for being lazy. Yesterday morning I decided to not ride the bike to work but instead drive to hains point and ride over from there. When I got to the garage on my bike I felt like I’d been outside for an hour already, even though it was just a quick 2 mile spin that took maybe 10 or 15 minutes. I could feel my breath freezing in my beard, though for that matter I’m glad I’ve got the big bushy beard right now…

Did the noon ride at hains with Gibbons, Gould and R-P which was decent aside from the ridiculous headwind coming back up from the point. We had a pretty solid rotation going on and once I got used to riding in a pack again I felt like I did alright. There was some squirrelly riding though the wind what it was I don’t think it was much of a surprise. I felt pretty good through the majority of the ride and was having no trouble not only staying in the pack but also working through the rotation the whole way through, though I got a nice little jolt back to reality in the last lap. The pace just kept picking up on the non-wind side and the two guys in front of me as well as myself were each sort of dangling off the back of our respective wheels. The rest of the riders behind us came up and around and when I failed to catch the last rider’s wheel I finally just dropped off and packed it in. All in all though not too bad I’d say, the numbness in my toes didn’t go away until it was time to head home but hey, it’s supposed to be back up in the 60’s next week...

No comments: