Friday, October 13, 2006

Sweet Rides...

Today, was pretty sweet. Fridays are always good but today was making up for the shittiest week I've had in a long time. Went in to work to relatively slow (for me) day while everyone else flipped out about an upcoming seminar we are hosting and spent the morning working out dinner plans for the group. (not my typical job description but a nice break from the ordinary for me). Left the office at about 11:30 for "lunch" during which I took a bike ride to Bethesda for bagels with four other guys, all members of the Racing Union bicycling team (the blog link included to the right...) The ride was great; a nice easy pace up the Capital Crescent Trail which I've never been on and the bagels... Fantastic. I didn't get back to the office until almost 2; 2 1/2 hour lunch break baby and then managed somehow to not even get yelled at! What a great day. The rest of the work day was a breeze and I had a good ride home.

Now it turns out I'll be joining a bunch f the same guys for a longer ride on Sunday out in Loudon County which should be pretty sweet. It does mean I'll have to get in relatively early on Saturday night and forget the debauchery which I was planning after my shitty week but, all in all this is probably a good thing. Besides, tonight I'm already nearly a bottle deep tonight and plan on heading out with the roomie for a wild night tonight.

One of the coolest things though was the email I was CC'd to by my coworker Scott who said to his team he'd like to propose I join his bike club; pretty sweet and somewhat unexpected, though I was thinking of asking about it sometime soon. The fact that he'd give me that kind of recognition was pretty sweet and I have no doubt I'll probably join. I've thought about that for the last year wondering if I would be able to join his team but never thought it was something he thought about so that was a pretty sweet feeling for me. At least a slight ego boost for me here after my second dumping in a row is a good thing...

Now to continue with my boozing...

No comments: