Friday, July 20, 2007

Changes

Well, since my last post a lot has happened. I put in a successful offer on a townhouse in Greenbelt and the ball is now rolling towards a mid-August closing date, less then a month away! This is certainly not somewhere I thought I’d be a year ago.

Unfortunately once I do move out there I will need to go out and buy a car as there are no flexcars near the new place and I’m probably going to be a good 2 miles from a metro. I will still ride my bike to work most days though so the car will likely not be used too terribly much. Have a pretty good route which takes advantage of the Anacostia Tributary trail system for my route in. Plus, I’ve often said how my commute is a bit of a joke at only 3.5 miles; just enough to need a shower on a warm day, but not enough for a workout. Guess I’ve got my wish there.

3 comments:

Royski said...

Congratulations and good luck with the closing. I know how stressful these things can be.

Cheers,
Roy

Beakerz said...

greenbelt. unreal. excellent dude. good luck!

oh yea. and email me about my new training blog

KMAX said...

Thanks! It should be pretty decent. It'll be different adjusting to life outside of DC but it'll be much better in the long run for me. I'll certainly be saving money of living in Adams Morgan...