Monday, July 30, 2007

The new training grounds

After a disappointing day of low motivation and high heat and humidity on Saturday, I got out for a great earlier ride on Sunday morning before any of the rain rolled in. I’m staying up in Laurel at my sister’s place so I can dog sit her puppy so I was already pretty close to what will soon be my new stomping grounds so I went out to spin around out there. I ended up doing a couple of great loops through the Beltsville Agricultural Center and ended up with 40 + miles on the day. Nothing too spectacular but still a solid solo ride at an average speed of around 20 miles per hour.

I was a bit displeases with myself after eating poorly all weekend and not getting the Saturday ride in like I wanted but the ride felt great and made me not feel as bad about the slacking on the diet. Today to make it even better when I weighed in after my lunch time core class I was 157, four pounds lighter then last week so I’m doing something right. I know I’ve been dehydrated when weighing myself so I realize that I won’t be racing this weekend at my goal of 155, but I am at least making the progress to get myself down to a good weight.

3 comments:

Beakerz said...

think we could talk about me borrowing that bike for say, a month?

email me pls

Beakerz said...

meanwhile, i've definitely not been watching my diet close enough.

Thanks again for the use of your bike

KMAX said...

Dieting has to be one of the hardest things about training. There is just so much good stuff out there (and not so good stuff) it's stuff to be strict about it. I'd say it's worth the sacrifice though for a solid diet.