Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Latin American Cuisine at it's best

Cafe Atlantico is basically my favorite restaurant in DC. As I have reported many times before the tastes in their food just kind of explode and everything that I have had there is just so amazing. Yesterday a few commrades and I met there for lunch to partake in our RW feast.
We started off with the guacamole which they make table side and is always a great start to a meal there. For my starter I got the "Shrimp with candied pumpkin seeds, pumpkin puree, lime air and vanilla oil" and was once again how many strong flavors they can match to a single dish that all just taste so amazing. The lime air was actually a foam that looked like foamed dish soap on the plate with a strong bite; strange looking but very good.
For the main course I got a salmon dish which was the specialty of the day that came with sautéed tomatoes, olives, onions, capers and fresh lime with avocado and was another great dish. The restaurant week desert is the one thing I would complain about with Cafe Atlantico except for the fact that I'm not a huge desert eater anyway so I don't really care. More choices would be nice though as they only offer this double chocolate cake bit that it seems most restaurants offer for RW or a mixed sorbet plate.
I will be taking my next serious date to Cafe Atlantico, and I don't mean to impress the girl, I could care less about that. We will go there so I can get some more amazing food and still be a winner even if the date stinks.

No comments: