Monday, January 08, 2007

The weekend of no internet...

This Saturday afternoon, Comcast decided to shut off my internet so, despite having plenty of stuff to write I had no means of writing it or posting it this weekend, hence the lack of a CM ride recap. That said, I will still be putting this off since I would like to put some time into the post to make sure I say everything I want to say about it and all that jazz. So, hopefully my internet will be reconnected my Tuesday and I'll be able to get started on that.

Saturday, aside from the hour or so I spent trying to get the internet issues worked out, I spent nearly the entire day outside enjoying the unseasonably warm weather that we just can't seem to stop talking about. I'm not going to get into any discussion of global warming as I definitely don't know enough about it to form any kind of educated arguement on it, though I am going to say this one thing. If it does not snow this year, or ever again here for that matter, I am going to be royally pissed! Oh, and I think I am going to go ahead soon and invest in some land up in northern Canada about three or four miles from the Ocean; beach front property anyone?

In the morning I went to Starbucks in jeans and a sweater and after about an hour or so I was sweating sitting out on the sidewalk. Played some ultimate frisbee on a muddy field after that for a while and then came home showered and went back out to sit outside of Astore for lunch and to do some more reading. The breeze on my bare skin finally forced me to go back inside, though only to put on a sweater again and go back out to sit outside at Meze for a couple of beers. I'm already excited for the spring time; though old man winter is definitely still not off the hook yet...

No comments: