Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cancer Research

I won't comment or pass judgment on anything regarding his cycling career here in this blog, mainly because I have yet to come to a solid opinion regarding it. I will however state that no matter how you look at it the man is an inspiration and an amazing example of the extraordinary feats that can be accomplished when you have the drive and the will-power to conquer them.

Lance Armstrong recently wrote this article posted on CNN.com about federal funding for cancer research and the lack of attention to the topic by congress. I for one have been touched by cancer and still choose to wear my LiveStrong band everyday; not in a show of support for Lance the rider but in a show of support for Cancer Survivors, cancer patients and to advocate for cancer research in order to save the lives of the millions of people affected every year. Who knows, maybe someday it will be my life or my child’s life that is saved because of this research.

No comments: