Friday, February 27, 2009

Lets build on that...

It's 9pm in late February and it's currently 62 degrees outside. In twenty four hours it will be heading South of the freezing mark bringing along a wintry mix of precipitation. I'm flabbergasted. Need I say more.

Thankfully today I managed to convince myself in my half asleep morning stupor to suit up and ride into to work despite seeing the calls for rain all afternoon. Turned out that was a great idea. The head winds and heavy legs in the morning made for a little bit of a slow ride in but the evening ride home was sublime. Knickers, a short sleeved jersey and a vest just for kicks and I had myself a nice comfortable spin home. Really shorts and vest would've been perfect.

I had some great ideas today for some posts, but now of course since I'm not at work I can't for the life of me remember what they were. Hopefully they return.

As for this weekend, while dirt appears to be out of the picture I will hopefully be getting in some miles on the road. The legs felt good leaving work today so hopefully that will continue through the weekend and I can really start building my miles up. A measly 100 miles for the entire month of February just doesn't seem like enough. Especially when other folks are logging 100+ on any given weekend. I guess I'm now the epitome of a weekend warrior.

Maybe this weekend would be a good time to get back to the pool too...

No comments: