Friday, January 16, 2009

Frozen balls

What do you mean crude? I'm talking eye balls of course!

This morning I officially began my occupation of Aimee's apartment for the inaugural weekend so naturally I rode to work. Yesterday I'd ridden from my truck at Haines Point to work not quite prepared for just how cold it was. The generally warm enough, especially for a 10 minute spin Hincapie gloves left my hands numb by the time I got to work.

Today I was more prepared. The lobster gloves made another appearance and once again did a great job in the 10 degree chill at 6:30 this morning. The eye balls on the other hand were painfully cold. I'm not sure I can remember a time when my actual eye balls felt cold like that. The tears were nearly freezing along with the condensation in my beard. Surprisingly no brain freeze (make your jokes about lacking the necessary equipment) but the eye balls. Damn the eye balls.

The ride home was nothing in comparison.

No comments: