Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today was a good day

To borrow the words of a great orator of our time, today was a good day. Really, it was just an ordinary day with a bit of a different feel from even just last week. At this point it's just mental but I feel better. I was surprisingly happy considering it was essentially a Monday morning back at the office after a long weekend. Who's up for a case of Moondays?


Did the Haines Point noon ride today for the first time in probably well over 6 months. It was good to finally get myself back out there and get back the feel of riding in a group again. I felt like I threw off the rotation every time I tried to join in but I didn't try too many times since I knew in that wind I wouldn't last too long even on the back of the group. I managed to hang in and ride the few laps Scott and I were there for which felt pretty good despite the pretty slow and easy pace of the group.


Hopefully I'll manage to keep enough clean gear at the office so I can start riding more at lunch as I work to build the base back up. I think I'm most excited for warmer weather right now so I won't have to wear and clean as much gear whenever I ride!


I've got a long way to go this season but I think I'm off to a pretty good start so far.

No comments: